Blogs seem so impersonal
Until last night, I never thought I would write a blog. Writing is great, I used to keep journals, sometimes to remember life (study abroad) but for mostly therapeutic reasons. I love to write, wish I did more of it. Sometimes lengthy emails seem like journaling, and it's always nice to have a reply in return.
Blogging seems
a) so antisocial and impersonal - if I have something I feel I need to share, why wouldn't I talk to someone about it? (I think I have some minor antisocial tendencies to begin with; this could be dangerous territory...)
AND
b) so out there...if I need to put thoughts "on paper", I'd rather do so in the privacy of a book or a word document. When I write, I tend to get personal. I don't know if I want that much of myself floating around out there on the web. Also, am I that important that I think my thoughts need to be made public for all the world to see?
I have started my master's degree at the University of Virginia. The next course is all about technology, and it seems we will have a lot of assignments, creating a blog being one of them. The title of this blog says it all...hence I am trying to get a head start on some of these.
I think my biggest hesitation towards jumping on the blog bandwagon was that deep down inside, I knew I'd love it.
Blogging seems
a) so antisocial and impersonal - if I have something I feel I need to share, why wouldn't I talk to someone about it? (I think I have some minor antisocial tendencies to begin with; this could be dangerous territory...)
AND
b) so out there...if I need to put thoughts "on paper", I'd rather do so in the privacy of a book or a word document. When I write, I tend to get personal. I don't know if I want that much of myself floating around out there on the web. Also, am I that important that I think my thoughts need to be made public for all the world to see?
I have started my master's degree at the University of Virginia. The next course is all about technology, and it seems we will have a lot of assignments, creating a blog being one of them. The title of this blog says it all...hence I am trying to get a head start on some of these.
I think my biggest hesitation towards jumping on the blog bandwagon was that deep down inside, I knew I'd love it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home