6 months
Where do I begin? Six months since my last post...finished 2 grad classes since then and starting the 4th the first weekend of February. Straight A's...yeah man!!!
I didn't think I'd ever return to blogging, my excuse is that one day there will not be any more Internet, or some techno plague will hit and we'll all lost all of these thoughts. But I guess it won't matter then, who cares about my thoughts? I just need to babble and since I am home with a 7 month old, the keyboard is my next best friend.
I started weight watchers last week. I weighed in at 156.2 lbs. I was doing so much better, but as soon as I stopped breastfeeding I felt like I caught up with every extra calorie I ate since May!!!! Oh well, it's well worth it and I am glad I joined. But holy shit, I can't friggin believe how much harder it is this time around (the first time being fall of '03 and I dropped 20 lbs in the blink of an eye). When it was just me, I could spend all day pointing, figuring out menus, etc. Now just to get to the grocery store took a day. It's more stressful. Maybe because I am afraid I won't be able to lose it and I will have to wear "Mom jeans" (remember SNL?) for the rest of my life!!!!
It's not easy to eat only 23 points a day. I have started SLOWLY exercising, however. That's during Lucie's morning nap, 5 days a week. NO EXCUSES. That is the habit I have to create. I know how to eat well (I just eat too much of a good thing) but exercise for me has to be more than a walk.
Gotta clean up the kitchen before L wakes up.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home