they must be sleeping

A somewhat daily yadda yadda yadda to keep up with friends and family.

1.04.2009

haute couture...mommy style

As I was washing dishes this afternoon, getting the house ready for the return of the morning routine after two great weeks "off", I was thinking that I needed to put some laundry away so that I would be able to leave the house in something other than pyjamas. I thought to myself "Oh, I'll be able to look nice tomorrow morning!" And then realized that the ensemble I threw together in my head was really just glorified jammies (black yoga pants, shirt, and my down vest).

So, as I finally got to the laundry this evening, I did what I know will really help tomorrow morning go smoothly...clean (yes, that is a BIG deal!) jeans, a collard shirt and a nice sweater...and I'll even slip my my hot red shiny loafers.

Now all of that and two cups of coffee and baby, we are good to go!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kerri said...

Love those days! Only instead of staying home and changing into what could be P.J'S I just throw on my scrubs!!! Heehee!You always look great no matter what you have on EL!

8:55 AM  
Blogger ellen said...

Ah, scrubs. They should be required parenting fashion. (I had a teacher friend who taught kindergarten and that WAS their uniform!)

9:25 AM  
Blogger momjeans said...

i've decided that i just need prettier pajamas and yoga-ish outfits to wear around the house, because i'm definitely staying in my comfy clothes all day. even my jeans and tshirts feel so scroungy these days. i need a spruce up too!

10:15 AM  
Blogger ellen said...

Oh, spruce me up baby, spruce me up!

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home