they must be sleeping

A somewhat daily yadda yadda yadda to keep up with friends and family.

12.11.2008

Rainy Thursday Catch Up

Hey y'all (ugh...I hate that this phrase can be said in my head naturally now...it must be the water). Normally our Thursdays are the slowest day of the week, we play "shut-in" since Lucie doesn't have school. I try very hard not to run errands on Thursdays, and even though I have a few things to do, it's pouring buckets and I have no desire to go anywhere. So the rain is all the more reason to stay cozy inside with tea, vanilla cupcakes (okay, so it's just a Yankee Candle Tart) and two sleeping sugarplums upstairs. Jack fell asleep WITHOUT ME!!!!!!!!!! I put him in his crib with his paci and his crocodile and he was very happy but definitely ready for a nap. I remembered that we put new batteries in the "heartbeat" thing that was inside of a teddy bear we had when Lucie was an infant. He kicked (that's a happy kick, by the way) for about 10 minutes, I quietly put the heartbeat thing on his crib, and he was out by the time I crawled in to cuddle with Lucie. Ahhh... it gets better every day.

Last night Lucie and David were playing downstairs and it was time for dinner. Lucie didn't want to stop playing to eat dinner, and David was saying something like "Lucie, it's time to go upstairs to eat...do you understand?" David said she looked at him and said "No, Papa, you don't understand!" Miss Bossy bossy bossy.

Jack is fussing...gotta go.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Lowe Family said...

Can you imagine what she will be saying when she is 13,14,15, etc.

3:25 PM  
Blogger ellen said...

oh. God help us.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Oh, she is her mama's daughter!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Oh how I wished for a shut in day and night today. It truly was buckets of water that fell. I long for a cozy day in soon.
Lucie is certainly going to set you two straight!

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home