they must be sleeping

A somewhat daily yadda yadda yadda to keep up with friends and family.

4.01.2007

Alright...this post more or less a prayer to Saint Joseph...I just buried a statue of Saint Joseph in my front yard. In Lynchburg, I figured it would be pretty hard to find a store that sells saint-things, so it's the Joseph from our Nativity set. If it doesn't work I can try and bury the three wisemen and see if I win the lotto or something!!!) Apparently, if you believe the power of prayer and a little superstition combined, burying a Saint Joseph statue in your yard while trying to sell a home helps. I do believe in the power of prayer, but I've always felt that I don't know how to pray. I think a lot to God, or to my higher power. I truly believe and have told myself so many times that life couldn't be this good without a little help from above. I've always gotten what I wanted...yes, sometimes I need to look beyond the apparent to see this, but if I ask for it, I get it (don't mean that in a superficial way). Is that prayer? I've always also felt a bit guilty about praying...isn't it like asking for something for nothing? Or is it just your belief in return what you give back? But here goes, in my own non-prayer words. I am going to print this out (plus a real prayer) and say it each day until the house sells. I also then promise to dig up St. Joseph and put him in our new home on Hawthorne.

I would like for our house at 235 South Princeton Circle to sell in a timely matter (we are closing on April 26th for the new house). We are not out to make a profit, but we do need a certain amount so that we are able to use our own money as a down payment and not use the bridge loan. I know I promised that I would find a job if we do not sell by the time we close on the new house, and I still mean it. However, I REALLY love being with Lucie all day. Even on my hardest days, I am still with her and I'm so lucky to be a stay at home mother. I might even end up liking a job, but I would miss Lucie SO much. And of course, if we are being honest, I want to move in and decorate la nouvelle maison!

To go out on a limb, while I'm at it, I would also like to ask that the new homeowners at 235 S. Princeton Circle will be a positive addition to our old neighborhood. I would be disappointed to know that we sold our house to people who do not respect this neighborhood and the great people we've met. If this house is to be be rented, we are asking for nice people to move in.

This house was so perfect for us two years ago. Our lives have changed, so much for the better, and we are very excited that we have found such a lovely new home in which to grow. I will have faith that the right thing is going to happen (AS IT ALWAYS DOES) and we will sell our home. I will pray every day to Saint Joseph until we close on SPC, and will also place the statue in a place at the new house where I will see it and remember to be thankful.

(A prayer I to St. Joseph that I found online, just to make it official)
Opening Prayer
In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
Come to my aid, O God. O Lord, make haste to help me.
Almighty God, Father of mercies and giver of all good gifts, I come before you to honor you in your saints and ask their help in my many needs.
You promised those who ask, would receive, those who seek, would find, those who knock, would have doors opened to them.
Hear the prayers of your church, grant my requests, and pardon my sins. Amen.
St. Joseph, just and true, with a father's care you raised the child Jesus, and with a husband's love, you shared your life with Mary, his mother.
I entrust myself to your care and place in your hands this request of mine (say request)….
In quiet Nazareth, long ago, the Holy Spirit spoke to your heart and you followed God's will with wonderful faith.
In the quiet of my days, and in the hard choices I must make, help me follow the Spirit's guidance and believe when I cannot see.
Day 1 Oh God, guide of those who listen and helper of those who hear your voice, speak to me, as you did to St. Joseph, and help me accomplish the things you give me to do .
Day 2 O God, you love your people and bless the ordinary lives we quietly live. As you blessed St. Joseph, bless what I do, however hidden and simple it may be, and let all I do be done with love.
Day 3 O God, ever faithful, you remember us always and in time reveal your blessings. Help me trust in you, as St. Joseph faithfully trusted, and never let me lose faith in the wonderful gifts you promise me.
Day 4 God of families, bless the family that's mine. Keep us safe from harm, and never let evil come between us. Let peace remain in our hearts.
Day 5 O God, who loves children, be kind to our children today. Give them eyes of faith for seeing far, a loving heart for welcoming life, and a place always at your side.
Day 6 God of our heavenly home, bless our home on earth. Let the spirit of Mary and Joseph rest at our table, shape our words and actions, and bring blessing to our children.
Day 7 God, our Father, give your fatherly spirit to those who are fathers now. Like Joseph, give them hearts of devoted love for their wives and children and strength for forgiveness and patience.
Day 8 Give shelter, O God, to those who need it, and bring together families divided. Give us enough to eat, and decent work to earn our bread. Care for us, O God.
Day 9 Bless all families, O Lord especially those in need. Remembering the life of your Son, we pray for the poor, for those who lack a good home, for those in exile. Grant them a protector like Joseph, O God.
To conclude this novena, say one Our Father, one Hail Mary, and one Glory Be.

1 Comments:

Blogger ellen said...

I guess it worked...we sold the house in less than 90 in a neighborhood where the same houses were on the market for months...

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home