D.C. morning
It must be the time of year, and maybe that I am listening to WETA while making pancakes for a crowd (http://www.weta.org/fm/listenlive - the best classical radio station)...I am dreaming of a DC morning. What I'd give to introduce the kids to Eastern Market and apple tasting, a silky chai tea latte from Bread & Chocolate, and a walk among Capitol Hill rowhouses. If I were seriously rich, we would live in Lynchburg and continue our "regular" life here, but then on certain Friday nights, head up to DC (where we would have purchased "my" house at 715 A St, NW) and spend the weekends as an urban family.
I gotta win the lottery. And then some.
Before posting this, I went to link the website to Bread & Chocolate (http://www.breadandchocolate.net/index.html), and was very sad to find that the Capitol Hill location is closed!!! Big Sad Day. Bought out by an "international chain". So if I were sa-heeriously rich, I could've just paid off that "international chain" and saved Bread & Chocolate. A girl can dream.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home