Booboos
I came over to Mom's this afternoon and while Jack is sleeping in her arms and Lucie is watching Dora, I thought I could finally get this blog going! Does anyone else feel weird about blogs? I used to journal all the time, but don't sit down to write anymore. Will handwriting become obsolete in the future? Typing goes so much more quickly for me,but then again, I am a fast typist. Anyway...part of me is afraid that I will write about life with the kids in a blog, and maybe in the future something will happen to the Internet and all will be lost. Am I being dramatic? Who, me? The other thing about blogs is "Who really cares about my thoughts and my daily life with the kids?" Well, a few people, I hope at least. I really enjoy reading Mary Catherine & Jennifer's blogs, I just like to check in. It makes me feel closer to them, I guess. Plus, it's a cute way to share special pictures and the stories that go along with them.
This was the week that Lucie decided to become a clutsy toddler. Last Sunday evening we were playing in the driveway and she fell and broke her front tooth. Pretty badly. Luckily, it's just cosmetic, it didn't hurt her too much and her mouth was only swollen for a day or so, but my beautiful girl's smile is snaggletoothy. :-( So I made an appointment with a pediadontist for next week to see what we can do about it. The cost will determine when it will be done (our FSA renews itself in January, so maybe until then they can just smooth out the bottom where it's pretty sharp), but I do want it to be fixed. I don't want her walking around with a white trash mouth (sorry, but that's totally what she looks like to me) until her first tooth falls out to complement it! I'll post a picture of it later.
On Wednesday night, I was dressing Jack for bed and she was bringing in toys from her room to share with him. She came running down the hallway and missed the door, tripped, and fell (headfirst) onto the door frame. It shook the house and I was terrified that she was going to have a concussion! I put naked Jack in his crib (AMAZINGLY he didn't pee, why can't he last a few seconds of a diaper change???) and we got ice on her boo boo immediately. She really hurt, I felt so bad for her. She sat and cried in Papa's arms for about 15 minutes and finally fell asleep. When we got up to put her into bed, she woke up because she "forgot to brush her teeth and go potty and get a Mickey (Goodnights) diaper". Obviously, no brain injury! I had only seen forehead eggs like this one on cartoons, yikes! She's fine and woke up the next morning with just a little bruise from the molding.
So, they say things happen in three's...what's going to finish this episode of clumsiness?
Labels: blogging, booboos, toddlerdom

1 Comments:
AWWWW! Poor baby! Please send her lots of extra kisses from us!
Post a Comment
<< Home