they must be sleeping

A somewhat daily yadda yadda yadda to keep up with friends and family.

11.04.2008

Early Voting in Virginia

Jack woke at 5:30 to nurse this morning. As I was sitting in the dark listening to the rain, I was thinking of how excited I was to vote. Not so much for a candidate in particular (yes, I do have a preference), but to say adieu to the current administration. I'm over seeing and hearing (mostly hearing) George Bush. I'm excited to see people lined up to vote at 6 am on a rainy morning. I got to the polling place at 6:15 and was done at 6:30. Really not so bad. I knew that as the day wore on, lines would get longer, little mouths would have to be fed, and the chances of my doing this would grow slim. I was the 204th person to vote.

It bugs me that so many of the people early voting in other states have so much to complain about. Not only do they have the freedom to vote, but they get to do so days/weeks early so that they don't have stand in lines (or insert reason here) with the masses today. What gives?

I did pop in at Starbucks and I was not about to wait on THAT line. Especially since their normal brew stinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home