2 cents
Yesterday I was looking at the material I bought for Jack's sling, thinking that there might be better things in its immediate future than holding a 22 pound bout'chou.
I think I like it as valances in my kitchen, but I am crying indecisiveness. Want to help and give me your thoughts? Is too busy? I like that it's a fun, mod print, instead of a "grown-up-look-a-decorator-did-my-kitchen" look (that is, however, the feel I'd love for my bedroom someday!).
Yes, I know what you are thinking...Ellen, it's your kitchen, if you like it then it works. I'm just curious watcha think. It could still be used as a sling!

8 Comments:
Not for nuthin' as we NY'ers used to say; Jack doesn't strike me as the kind of boy who wants to be carried about swaddled in mod flowers...just my opinion...I DO like this fabric as pretty valances! Love that window!
I love it as valances!!
I'm liking the valances! I just love mod flower/botanial looking prints. I really love a suprising bit of funky here and there.
Love the print Ellen! I say yes
Thank you all!
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hey, I never noticed you had red walls in your kitchen ! I love that colour.
And for the print, I think it makes your kitchen look cool, in a I-have-valances-but-I'm-not-Bree-Van-de-Kamp kinda way. In french I would say funky, but the french meaning of funky is far more positive and cool than the english one, I think (?) Funny to see that the French use english words with different meanings than the english-speaking people, as if it was not an english word in the first place... ;o)
I love love love my red walls :-) I painted them last year, right before I got pregnant. First I painted the wrong red, it had too much pink in it...I didn't know it was the wrong red until the third coat. Ouch. Then three coats of the right red made it all better. Next will be a red couch...I've wanted one since my "studio" days under a Parisian rooftop. I like your description :-) And by the way, funky is a good word (or a bad one)if you want it to be. Like my valances are funky, but my breath is not :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home