they must be sleeping

A somewhat daily yadda yadda yadda to keep up with friends and family.

3.10.2009

Black Bean Taco Filling

This took me less than ten minutes to make, including chopping the onion and garlic and stirring on the stove. Lucie won't eat things like beans, but if I mash them up and put it in a tortilla, it's like, delicioso! (That's Lucie speaking.) Didn't have a bell papper and I halved the recipe. Great for a quick lunch or busy night and you can keep the ingredients on hand!

Black Bean Taco Filling

Servings: 8

"Black beans mingle with onions, peppers, garlic, cornmeal, and spices in this tasty taco filling. Try it in burritos or as a dip for tortilla chips. No black beans? Red, pink, or pinto beans are great subs."

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bell pepper, chopped
2 (14.5 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed,
drained, and mashed
2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 cup salsa (I will add more tonight when I reheat it...I made it during naptime.)

Directions:

Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, garlic, and bell pepper; cook until tender. Stir in mashed beans. Add the cornmeal. Mix in cumin, paprika, cayenne, chili powder, and salsa. Cover, and cook 5 minutes.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2009 Allrecipes.com
Printed from Allrecipes.com 3/10/2009

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Roubiceks said...

Sounds yummo! I'll have to try it.

5:40 PM  
Blogger ellen said...

It was good, I thought! Lucie took a few bites, and looked at me with a disappointed face and said "Dat's not a real taco! I don't like da beans!" Oh well... She's a real Teyssier, that's for sure! :-)

6:30 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

That looks really good, my kind of recipe.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home