they must be sleeping

A somewhat daily yadda yadda yadda to keep up with friends and family.

5.22.2009

Loads of fun

All in all, our travels yesterday went very well...24 hours all in all, phew! I'm so prou of the kids. They did so well. We flew from Lynchburg to Atlanta and then on to Paris. We left a 8:40 pm and I think the kids were sleeping by 10 pm. We did not have a seat for Jack, but we did a pretty good job at sharing that load. Oh, speaking of loads...

About two hours before landing, I changed Jack on the smallest changing table in the world on the plane. Then it was Lucie's turn, good girl, no problems. However, David met me at the bathroom with Jack...he had EXPLODED, of course in a brand new diaper. And when I say exploded, I mean that I felt bad for the bathroom. And we're talking already been in service for 7 hours airplane bathroom. He went through three outfits yesterday :-)

Ah, motherhood. Yum yum.

We landed at noon local time (so really 6 am) and had no problems through immigration, customs, etc. Hugues and Pierrette (David's parents) were waiting for us at the gate, and Lucie was very happy to see them! We had a long drive straight down the center of France to the Loire region, where his Aunt Aline and Uncle Paul live on a farm in Cottance. We arrived at 8:30 pm.

Dinner was simple and delicious. Strawberries from the garden, roast chicken, buttered pasta. Terrines (like a hearty paté), crusty bread, 7 or 8 cheeses, and a splash of red wine.

It was midnight before we were in bed. Lucie and I slept in the same room and Jack and David shared the other room. I don't make a habit of sleeping next to Lucie, for fear that I would never get a night alone again, but vacation is somethin' special and we cuddled. Well, I tried cheating and put her in the little bed--she fell out and ended up arms anyway.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Lowe Family said...

I look forward to all your posts from france. I can practically taste all the yummy food you are enjoying. Happy Birthday to Lucie. Have fun!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Roubiceks said...

I hope you keep us posted! Have a blast!

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home